Wednesday, August 08, 2007

ESWR Part 1

Dennis emailed me the other day asking what color t-shirts I wanted for the reststop. The theme for this year is the 60s. Peace, Love, and Watermelon. I was hoping for tie-dye, but Dennis is rather enigmatic with the details. He did tell me he chose hi-viz green. I had suggested reworking the Endless Summer poster to feature a silhouette of a bike rider and bike with a setting sun that was a slice of watermelon. We'll see how it turns out.

I wanted to do something different this year. I hope to make cookies. I bought bicycle cookie cutters and found great examples of tie-dye icing designs on cookies. I also found some cute flower power cookies and VW bugs cookies in neon colors. I hate shopping, but I'll have to go to the grocery store to get some neon food coloring. I bought neon food markers at the cake store last weekend. Hopefully, this weekend I can pick up some squeeze bottles at the restaurant supply store to use as icing applicators. Next task: recruit some unsuspecting folks as cookie decorators. In the meantime, clean out the freezer, so I'll have some place to store these goodies until the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home