Thursday, August 09, 2007

Alzhemier's Spreading




I made cookie dough several weeks ago, but hadn't baked it yet. I took it out of the frig a few days ago and started cutting out the shapes and baking. Nothing worked. The cookies spread until they were unrecognizable. I added a few handfuls of flour and tried again. They spread less but were still not satisfactory. I had made these cookies before, so I knew the recipe was a good one in terms of baking. It did lack in the taste area.

I gave up, wrapped up the dough and stuck it back in cold storage. It took me a few days, but I finally decided that I had made a mistake in the math translating the cup measurements into grams. Tuesday, I put the dough back in the mixer and remixed it with more flour. I made two more batches. I made two additional batches using two other recipes and adding the new creme bouquet emulsion I bought Saturday. I hope to find out tonight if the doughs are any good. I double checked my math and feel confident this will no longer be an issue. We are having a heat wave right now, so I must be crazy to think of baking.

The whole point of this cookie baking is to make cookies for my mother's and nephew's birthdays. The birthdays were in July. I am a little slow. I bought motorcyle cookie cutters and a few other shapes that should prove fun to decorate.

here's an example of my poor planning skills. I sit here thinking of baking tonight and I haven't made the icing yet. I have some left over black and white, but I wanted to make some bright colors for these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home