Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cookies, Cookies Cookies




I again recruited help to make cookies. I had made two batches of no fail sugar cookies and a batch of Penny's sugar cookies. They both made very nice cut out cookies, but the flavor was a disappointment. So begins the hunt for a cut out cookie with knock your socks off flavor. I made four more batches, Colette's chocolate cookies, cream cheese, white chocolate and almond paste. I added a tsp of espresso powder to the chocolate which certainly made them have a richer flavor. As for the rest, the white chocolate was good, but my socks are still on. I made white chocolate fondant to decorate them , which helped. Then all my plans fell apart, I lost track of the recipes and the cookies never received the fondants which had been formulated to enhance each cookie's flavor. I should know by now that inviting people over to help decorate doesn't work out like I had hoped. Most don't understand that the cookie should be thicker than the icing that goes on it. I have rings for each rolling pin, ΒΌ" for the cookie dough and 1/8" for the fondant. Too thick a fondant tends to overpower the cookie itself. Cookies have to be a uniform size and thickness to bake at the same rates on a single sheet. The dough has to be cold, so it doesn't stick to everything and spread out when it bakes. We baked some of the dough and I finished the rest when my "help" left. If I am ever going to master this, I am going to have to go it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home